Delhi Auto Taxi Driver 5000 Rupees Yojana – Delhi Government has introduced the scheme for the benefit of Delhi taxi drivers and auto drivers. The actual name of the scheme is Delhi Taxi Driver Sahayta Yojana and it is also known as the Delhi Auto taxi Driver 5000 Rupees Scheme. As the name of the scheme denotes, the Delhi Government will be offering financial aid of Rs. 5000 towards all the taxi drivers and the auto drivers in Delhi.
This scheme has been started keeping in mind how these taxi drivers and auto drivers are not able to earn a livelihood due to continuous lockdowns and curfews in Delhi. The individuals who earn a living driving taxi and auto can apply online to avail the benefit of this scheme.
|Name of the Scheme||Delhi Auto Taxi Driver Sahayta Yojana|
|Type of Scheme||State|
|Applicable For||Delhi Taxi Drivers|
|Form of Benefit||Bank Transfer|
Delhi Taxi Driver 5000 Rupees Scheme
The Chief Minister of Delhi, Mr. Arvind Kejriwal introduced the Delhi Government 5000 Rupees Scheme last year to help taxi drivers and auto drivers. Last year, Delhi Government offered the aid of Rs. 78 lakhs to over 1.5 lakhs drivers. This year, the Government has mentioned that this aid will be provided also to individuals who offer transport facilities to citizens with other private vehicles. Moreover, the CM has also made it clear that this scheme is not available for the drivers who are associated with any company regarding transportation.
Currently, there are about 1.90 lakhs of permit holders and 2.80 lakhs of PSV badge holders in Delhi. The Delhi Government is making provisions to offer the benefits of this scheme to all of these eligible drivers.
The drivers have to visit the online portal and have to apply for the scheme. After proper verification, an amount of Rs. 5000 will be deposited directly in the bank account of the driver.
- Delhi Movement e Pass Online
- Delhi Free Ration Registration
- Delhi Vaccine Registration
- PM Kisan Status for Delhi Farmers
Benefits of Delhi Taxi Driver Scheme
The CM has announced a number of benefits that the drivers can avail themselves of under this scheme.
- The drivers can easily apply for the scheme on the online portal even through their smartphones.
- On proper verification, a straight deposit of Rs. 5000 will be made in the bank account of the drivers.
- If the driver dies somehow, the amount will get transferred to the nominee selected by the driver.
- Free foods and accommodation will be provided to the registered applicants.
- Education of 2 children will be provided for free.
Instructions for Delhi Taxi Driver Scheme
Here are some of the important instructions and guidelines that have been introduced for the drivers who wish to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Only those individuals can avail of the benefits who are residents of Delhi.
- The financial help will be for drivers who individually own and drive different vehicles such as taxi, auto, RTV, e-rickshaw, and also the rural service public vehicles.
- Only those vehicles will be eligible for this scheme who have attained the PSV badge on or before 23rd March 2020.
- To avail of the benefits, the applicants should link their bank account with their Aadhar card.
- The beneficiaries will be provided the amount and the benefits only after proper verification so that only the eligible and the needy ones can get the help.
- Drivers whose driving licenses have got expired on 1st February 2020 were still eligible for the scheme. But this year, they should make sure to renew their licenses.
- This scheme is not applicable to a company or any individual who has a fleet of vehicles.
Documents Required for Delhi Taxi Driver Scheme
The applicants need to keep ready these documents and details while they are applying for the scheme.
- Valid Driving License
- A valid Aadhar Card
- A bank account that is linked with the Aadhar Card
- PSV Badge Number
- A valid mobile number
- Any of the Government approved identity cards such as PAN card, electoral card, or others.
How to Apply for Delhi Taxi Driver Scheme?
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the Delhi Taxi Driver Scheme can do so from the official portal of https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in. The individuals need to get registered on this portal after which they can avail the benefits by applying to the scheme when the link is made available.
Here is the detailed method through which the eligible candidates can register for the portal and can apply for the scheme.
First, you have to register yourself on the portal.
Step – 1 – First visit the portal edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in.
Step – 2 – Under registration, click on New User and it will take you to the registration page.
Step – 3 – Select any of the documents from Aadhar card or Voter card.
Step – 4 – Now provide the correct document number.
Step – 5 – Enter the security code and register.
Step – 6 – You will receive an access code and password on your mobile number with 72 hours through which you have to complete the registration.
While registering, you need to keep in mind these important points.
- You have to provide a valid mobile number to keep the process smooth.
- Offering any wrong information will not complete the registration process.
- If you do not have a valid document to register, you can get the registration done physically by visiting the Sub-Division or Tehsil office.
So after successfully registering at the portal, now it’s time to login to the portal and submits the application for the scheme.
Login and Apply
After you have registered with the portal, you need to log into the portal and have to apply for the scheme.
Step – 1 – Visit the portal once again at https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/.
Step – 2 – Under the Registration option, click on Login.
Step – 3 – Here you have to provide your User id and Password.
Step – 4 – Now, enter the security code available on your screen and click on the Login button.
After you have logged in successfully, you should find the option or link of the Delhi Taxi Driver scheme in your profile clicking on which you can complete the application process. The authorities will verify the details that you have provided and then should approve or decline your application. Whatever it is, you should get a notification through SMS on your registered mobile number. If the application is approved, you should get the amount of Rs. 5000 soon in your registered bank account and should get details of other benefits too.