Maharashtra Police ePass Apply Online at Covid19MHPolice.in – Maharashtra Government Police has come back again with the concept of ePass that they were making use of last year to tackle COVID spread. Citizens of Maharashtra who wish to travel interstate or even inter-district need to obtain a Maharashtra Police ePass for doing so. The Police officials have made this clear that the travel should be done only in case of extreme emergencies. The citizens can obtain the epass by applying for it at the official website of Covid19MHPolice.in but the availability of the epass will depend on whether the officials have accepted the reasons for travel or not.
Maharashtra Police Covid19.MHPolice.in ePass
The condition of the COVID-19 situation has again shown its tragic face in the state of Maharastra. Currently, the number of COVID-positive cases in the state has surpassed 4 million. In order to get control over this rising number of cases, the Government of Maharashtra has again imposed lockdown and curfew in the state till 15th May 2021.
For maintaining the lockdown in a smoother way, the Government along with the Maharashtra Police has introduced back the Maharashtra Police E Pass once again for the citizens who need to travel interstate or inter-district only for emergency situations.
All the citizens who need to travel to different districts within the state or different locations with a district have to get an epass otherwise they might have to face legal consequences. Citizens can easily visit the Maharashtra Government portal and can apply for the pass and obtain it after the officials have issued it. This time the Police authorities are maintaining extreme strictness due to the rise of the second constraint of COVID. In the last few days, there have been noticed many such applicants whose application for epass has got rejected as the authorities found that the reasons provided by them were not that of emergency.
How To Apply for Maharashtra Police e Pass?
Maharashtra Police has offered an easy way to obtain the epass through the official Government portal. The users should follow these steps in order to apply and obtain the epass with ease.
Step – 1 – Visit the official Government portal by clicking on the link https://covid19.mhpolice.in.
Step – 2 – Go through the instructions mentioned under the Caption Apply for Pass Here and then click on the button with the same caption.
Step – 3 – As a new page comes up, a pop-up will appear that will ask whether you wish to visit outside Maharashtra or not on which you have to click Yes or No and then Submit.
Step – 4 – If you have clicked on No, then you will be directly landed on a form where you have to fill in the details as per the information asked.
Step – 5 – If you have selected Yes, then you will have to select the number of co-passengers visiting with you and then have to click on Submit after which you will be taken to another form page.
Step – 6 – Fill in all the details as asked on the form.
Step – 7 – After you have filled in the form with the required details in either of the forms, you have to enable the webcam of your device to click your picture or you can select an image of yours from your device and attach it.
Step – 8 – You also have to upload documents necessary such as a medical summary, aadhar card, death certificate, and others whatever can prove your cause and purpose of travel.
Step – 9 – Finally, click on the submit option.
When the Police authorities have approved your epass, you will get a notification regarding the epass on the mobile number that you have provided while applying for the epass.
Important Instructions for MH New e-Pass
While you are applying for the Maharashtra Police epass, you should understand and keep in mind these important instructions for sure.
- If you have applied for the epass, it is not necessary that it will get approved. It the Police authorities who will verify the reason for your travel and then will decide whether the epass has to be approved or rejected.
- Individuals, as well as groups, can apply for epass through the Government portal.
- The language for applying for the epass is English.
- Applicants should fill in the details correctly to get epass approved.
- You have to combine the necessary documents in a single file and then have to upload them together in the section of documents.
- After you have applied for the epass, you will be provided with a token ID that can be used for checking the status of the application.
- When the epass is approved, you can download the pass using this token ID only.
- The epass will have important details such as your personal details, your vehicle details, and also the validity of the epass.
- The pass will also have a QR code that the Police officials will scan during your travel to check the authenticity of the pass.
- Though you can download the pass on your device, it is also advised to get a printout of the pass to show it to the Police officials.
- If anyone is found using the epass after its validity or is seen misusing the pass will be liable for strict actions against them.
- The photo to be uploaded should be 200 KB while the documents that you are uploading should not be of more than 1 KB.
Maharashtra Police e Pass Status
You can check the status of your Maharashtra Police e Pass using the token ID that you have received upon applying for it successfully. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to check the status.
Step – 1 – You need to check the status of the epass from the same website at https://covid19.mhpolice.in.
Step – 2 – Click on the link of Check Status/ Download Pass.
Step – 3 – A page will open up where you have to put up the Token ID that you have obtained after the application process.
Step – 4 – Now click on Submit.
The status of your Maharashtra Police e Pass will get displayed on the screen soon. If it is approved, you can download it and if it is rejected for any reason then you need to apply for the epass once again if it is an extreme situation of emergency. It is advised by the Maharashtra police authorities not to travel anywhere if it is not very urgent or a situation of emergency.
How To Download Covid19.MHPolice.in ePass?
You can download your MH epass online from the same link that you have used for checking the status of the epass.
Step – 1 – Follow the steps that are mentioned above to check the status of your MH Police epass.
Step – 2 – If the epass is approved, you will get an option for download on the same screen on which you can click and download the epass on your device.
Where we need and don’t need Maharashtra Police e Pass?
Here are some of the places where the Maharashtra Police e Pass will not be required during the Janta Curfew.
- Shops selling essential items will not require epass.
- Delivery professionals for food and essentials will also not require epass.
- Individuals from banking, SEBI, or RBI will also not require epass.
- Individuals from agriculture can carry out their operations.
- Individuals from transporting services will also not require epass.
- Individuals related to emergency services such as medical or police and similar will not require epass.
These individuals will not require any epass but they have to mandatorily carry their identity card to prove their profession. Also, they have to carry their Government identity card along with the professional identity card.
Now, apart from these above-mentioned categories, anyone else who wishes to travel interstate or inter-district need to apply for the Maharashtra Police e Pass. It is important to understand that just applying for the pass will not lead to getting the pass. The authorities will scrutinize the reason will then issue the epass only when the reason is satisfactory and comes under an emergency circumstance.
FAQs – Maharashtra Police ePass
Q1. Do I require the Maharashtra epass if I have to carry someone to some other district due to a medical condition?
Answer: Yes, you have to apply for the epass and mention the medical condition aligned with proper medical documents so that the epass gets approved.
Q2. Does the epass gets approved or rejected instantly?
Answer: No, it can take up some time for the officials to scrutinize the application and then to either approve or reject the epass. This is the reason, the token ID is provided using which the applicants can check their status and can download the epass.
Q3. What is the validity of the epass?
Answer: The validity of the epass will depend upon the time duration that the applicant has select while applying for the epass and also on the officials who have approved the epass. The time duration will be mentioned on the epass during which the citizen that travels to the mentioned locations. The epass will be held expired after the time period mentioned on it gets over.